STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Purchaser is responsible for verifying correct qty’s, color, size and specs of the product purchased are received by the purchaser. K&M’s liability for shipment of the incorrect qty’s, color, size and specs of purchased product shall be limited to the re-shipment of the correct product at the cost of K&M. Purchaser agrees that in no event shall K&M be responsible for any consequential, liquidated, delay, punitive, compensatory, lost profit, indirect or other special damages which Purchaser may sustain as a result of the purchase of the product sold by K&M to Purchaser. K&M makes no representations or warranties with respect to the materials, products that are the subject of this transaction and specifically disclaims all implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability or arising from usage of trade or course of dealing performance. Restocking fee up to 20% may apply to any returns, custom items may not be returned. In store credit for resellable goods.
- Full payment on Invoices and Sale Orders are Due on Creation and will not be put into the production schedule until Order is paid in full, unless another payment time frame is indicated on either the Invoice or the Sale Order. In the event of non-payment by the due date, K&M Sheet Metal reserves the right to apply a fixed interest payment amounting to 5% of the sum remaining due for every 30 Days Late. K&M Sheet Metal will be authorized to suspend any provision of services without prior warning in the event of late payment.
- If a payment is still outstanding more than sixty (60) days after the due payment date, K&M Sheet Metal reserves the right to call on the services of a debt recovery company. All legal expenses will be payable by the client.
- K&M Sheet Metal strives to do its best to supply performant services in due time in accordance with the agreed timeframes. However, none of its obligations can be considered as being an obligation to achieve results. K&M Sheet Metal cannot under any circumstances, be required by the client to appear as a third party in the context of any claim for damages filed against the client by an end consumer.
- Changes and Cancellations - If you’d like to cancel or change your order, please contact us using your K&M My Documents portal and use the History section below the sale order preview to write a comment from the Sale Order you would like to cancel or call (919) 544-8887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We prefer a written communication with us so that way there is a record of your request for you and us. We’ll do everything we can to accommodate your request. Please bear in mind that our order-fulfillment and shipping systems are designed to get orders out as quickly and efficiently as possible. Therefore, we cannot change or cancel an order once it has entered the shipping process. All cancellations must have written documentation/confirmation from a K&M Sheet Metal LLC representative by fax or email. If you cancel your order after it has been shipped and refuse the shipment, you will be responsible for all freight and crating charges, plus a 20% restocking fee. In addition, if you ordered fabricated and/or special order item(s) and the item(s) has either started production or has shipped, you will be responsible for the full price of those item(s).
- Return Policy - Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days from receipt of goods and we will refund the purchase price, less our shipping & handling costs, plus a 20% restocking fee. You should use the Return button on your sales order in your K&M My Documents portal to start the process or email us at email@example.com or call (919) 544-8887 and receive a RA# prior to returning your shipment. You must accompany the shipment with a copy of the issued RA#. Refunds will not be made on returned merchandise received without an issued RA#. A credit card refund, in house credit, or check will be issued within 15 days after the return is received. You will be responsible for payment of the return shipping & handling charges. For your protection, we recommend you use UPS or Insured Parcel Post for shipment of returns. We will not be responsible for non-delivery or damage during return shipping. The merchandise must be in re-saleable condition and properly packaged in order to receive a refund. Refunds cannot be processed for items that are not returned in new condition which includes any weathering marks on copper. It will be the responsibility of the customer to initiate any claims with UPS or other carriers as to items damaged in return shipment.
Anything Custom, Special Order, and all Fabricated to Order items are non-returnable and non-refundable. Some examples are: Gutters, Downspouts, Leader Heads, Some Cleanouts, Elbows, Chimney Caps, etc. Please contact us prior to ordering to ensure the product of your choice is returnable.
- Shipping Damage Policy - All quantities have been checked twice for accuracy, and products have been thoroughly inspected at our facility prior to shipment. After the shipment leaves our facility, the freight carrier is accepting responsibility for delivering the order as it was accepted on the bill of lading (COMPLETE AND IN GOOD CONDITION, EXCEPT AS NOTED). We need our customers to do the same upon delivery. It is the responsibility of the customer to inspect all packages upon receipt, checking for visible damages to the exterior of the packages and comparing contents with the packing slip. The customer is REQUIRED to note any damages in writing (on the bill of lading) to the delivering carrier at time of delivery to be eligible for reimbursement. All claims for shipping damages or missing product must be reported to us within (5) business days from delivery. This may be done by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (919) 544-8887. We will handle all claims with our freight carrier on the customer’s behalf and ship out replacement product as soon as possible. Digital pictures may be requested to assist us in our claim with the freight company. Due to the nature of our products and the building sites our products are commonly delivered to, no damage claims will be accepted after (5) business days from receipt of product. If we receive notice within (5) business days of delivery, the customer will not be responsible for any additional charges.
- All our contractual relations will be governed exclusively by North Carolina state law.